Submitted by laflammd on Fri, 01/09/2015 - 12:04pm
Students holding a baccalaureate degree from an institution approved by the University of Calgary, may apply for the 24-month Bachelor of Nursing program.
- 24-month program
- January entry only
- Year-round program
NOTE: Students will not be permitted to switch routes mid-program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: (Online applications open mid-July)
SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO:
University of Calgary
Room 117, MacKimmie Library Block
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta T2N1N4
Deadline dates may be subject to change from year to year; however, set deadlines are strictly adhered to in the Faculty of Nursing.
- An approved baccalaureate degree
- A minimum of 90 transferable units which must include the following course, or equivalent, at a junior level or higher.
- English and/or a comparable English literature course (0.5 FCE)
- Arts course (see here for a list of acceptable subject areas) (0.5 FCE)
- Statistics course (0.5 FCE)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology course(s)* (1 FCE or 2 HCE) with a minimum grade of C-
1 Half Course Equivalent (HCE) = 3 units | 1 Full Course Equivalent (FCE) = 6 units
*Approved by the Faculty of Nursing
- Effective Fall Session 2017, the Transfer Admission GPA will be calculated based on the pre-requisites outlined under “Admission Requirements” (English, Arts, Statistics and Anatomy/Physiology), regardless of when they were completed, plus an additional 15 units (2.5 FCEs) taken from the most recent transferable coursework for a total of 30 units (5 FCEs). Calculated as of the end of Summer Session (August 31).
- The University of Calgary uses a 4-point GPA scale: 4.00 = A+/A; 3.70 = A-; 3.30 = B+; 3.00 = B etc.
Applicants placed on hold will be notified as early as possible and up to the end of December, as space becomes available, if the Faculty is able to offer a position.
- All admission requirements must be met by August 31.