Submitted by laflammd on Fri, 01/09/2015 - 11:51am
Students transferring from another post-secondary program may start the Bachelor of Nursing Program in either September or January and will complete a 28-month program with year-round courses and one spring/summer break.
- 28-month program
- September and January entry
- Year-round program with one spring/summer session (May to August) free from coursework
NOTE: Students will not be permitted to switch routes mid-program.
February 1 for September Entry UofC "Change of Program" Applicants
September entry » Application due by March 1st (Online Applications open mid-October)
January entry » Application due by September 1st (Online Applications open mid-July)
June 1 for September Entry
September 30 for January Entry
SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO:
University of Calgary
Room 117, MacKimmie Library Block
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta T2N1N4
Deadline dates may be subject to change from year to year; however, set deadlines are strictly adhered to in the Faculty of Nursing.
High school courses:
- Mathematics 30-1 or Mathematics 30-2
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
Information on out-of-province high school course equivalents can be found here.
In addition to high school courses, the following are required from an accredited post-secondary institution recognized by the University of Calgary:
- A minimum of 30 transferable units which must include the following courses, or equivalent, at a junior level or higher:
- English and/or a comparable English literature course (0.5 FCE)
- Arts course (see here for a list of acceptable subject areas) (0.5 FCE)
- Statistics course (0.5 FCE)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology course(s)* (1 FCE or 2 HCE), with minimum grade of C-
*Approved by the Faculty of Nursing
1 Half Course Equivalent (HCE) = 3 units | 1 Full Course Equivalent (FCE) = 6 units
- Admission is determined based on a competitive GPA.
- Effective Fall Session 2017, the Transfer Admission GPA will be calculated based on the pre-requisites outlined under “Admission Requirements” (English, Arts, Statistics and Anatomy/Physiology), regardless of when they were completed, plus an additional 15 units (2.5 FCEs) taken from the most recent transferable coursework for a total of 30 units (5 FCEs). Calculated as of the end of Winter Session (April) for September entry and the end of Summer Session (August) for January entry.
- The University of Calgary uses a 4-point GPA scale: 4.00 = A+/A; 3.70 = A-; 3.30 = B+; 3.00 = B, etc.
- September Entry – all admission requirements must be met by April 30
- January Entry – all admission requirements must be met by August 31
Applicants placed on hold will be notified as early as possible and up to the end of August/December, as space becomes available, if the Faculty is able to offer a position.
Prospective students who are currently in a nursing program at another institution or who have graduated from a LPN/RNA, RPN, PCA or EMS program are directed to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for detailed information regarding transferability. Individuals who wish to apply for admission, should contact a Student Advisor in the Faculty of Nursing prior to making application to the University of Calgary.