- NURS 503.41 - Selected Topics in Nursing (Use Res in Nurs Practice) - Fall 2019
- NURS 621 - Quantitative Designs & Analysis - Fall 2019
- NURS 599 - Integrating Nursing Roles and Practices VI: Transition to Nursing Practice - Winter 2020
- Maternal/child health: maternal practices, breastfeeding
- Dietary intake and health beliefs
- Quantitative research approaches
Dr. Mannion’s program of research addresses questions pertaining to maternal/child health and dietary intake during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Dr. Mannion is an Academic Affiliate of Dietitians of Canada. Underlying her research is the premise that dietary intake while meeting physiological needs, is a behaviour that is governed by belief systems. Her past work includes maternal restriction of dairy products and the use of over the counter medications during pregnancy and lactation; the maintenance of breastfeeding, purported dietary cures for cancer and most recently the practice of pica by pregnant women.