Diploma of Applied Arts, Business Administration
Diploma of Applied Arts, Data Processing
- NURS 599 - Integrating Nursing Roles and Practices VI: Transition to Nursing Practice - Fall 2019
- NURS 599 - Integrating Nursing Roles and Practices VI: Transition to Nursing Practice - Winter 2020
Research and teaching
- Patient safety
- Recognition and response to a deteriorating patient
- Interprofessional education
- Team communication competencies
- Paediatric nursing education
- Empathy for the older adult population
Dave Patterson graduated from the University of Calgary with both a Bachelor of Nursing degree and a Master of Nursing degree. His MN was focused on nursing education utilizing interprofessional education simulations.
Dave has been an instructor with the University of Calgary's Faculty of Nursing since 2011 and is also an active Community Health Educator for Alberta Health Services' Calgary Zone Perinatal Education Program. A previous Level II NICU Nurse, he works with parents and fathers transitioning to their new role.
Dave is currently a member of the simulation faculty and has taught throughout Terms 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 of the undergraduate nursing curriculum.