Students holding a baccalaureate degree from an institution approved by the University of Calgary, may apply for the 24-month Bachelor of Nursing program with July to August free from coursework.
- 24-month program
- January entry only
- Year-round program (no classes July to August)
NOTE: Students will not be permitted to switch routes mid-program.
Deadlines for Degree-holders
Deadline dates may be subject to change from year to year; however, set deadlines are strictly adhered to in the Faculty of Nursing.
(online applications open mid-July)
Important Notes on Admission
- An approved baccalaureate degree
- A minimum of 90 transferable units which must include the following course, or equivalent, at a junior level or higher.
*Approved by the Faculty of Nursing
All admission requirements must be met by August 31
- Effective Fall Session 2017, the Transfer Admission GPA will be calculated based on the pre-requisites outlined under “Admission Requirements” (English, Arts, Statistics and Anatomy/Physiology), regardless of when they were completed, plus an additional 15 units taken from the most recent transferable coursework for a total of 30 units. Calculated as of the end of Summer Session (August 31).
- The University of Calgary uses a 4-point GPA scale.
Applicants placed on hold will be notified as early as possible and up to the end of December, as space becomes available, if the Faculty is able to offer a position.
Indigenous Applicants and Diverse Qualifications
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
University of Calgary
Room 117, MacKimmie Library Block
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta T2N1N4