Students transferring from another post-secondary program may start the Bachelor of Nursing Program in either September or January and will complete a 28-month program with year-round courses with two summer breaks.
- 28-month program
- September and January entry
- Year-round program with one spring/summer session (May to August) and one summer session (July to August) free from coursework
NOTE: Students will not be permitted to switch routes mid-program.
Important Notes on Admission
High school courses
- Mathematics 30-1 or Mathematics 30-2
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
Information on out-of-province high school course equivalents can be found here.
In addition to high school courses, the following are required from an accredited post-secondary institution recognized by the University of Calgary:
- A minimum of 30 transferable units which must include the following courses, or equivalent, at a junior level or higher:
*Approved by the Faculty of Nursing
- Admission is determined based on a competitive GPA.
- Effective Fall Session 2017, the Transfer Admission GPA will be calculated based on the pre-requisites outlined under “Admission Requirements” (English, Arts, Statistics and Anatomy/Physiology), regardless of when they were completed, plus an additional 15 units taken from the most recent transferable coursework for a total of 30 units. Calculated as of the end of Winter Session (April) for September entry and the end of Summer Session (August) for January entry.
- The University of Calgary uses a 4-point GPA scale.
Applicants placed on hold will be notified as early as possible and up to the end of August/December, as space becomes available, if the Faculty is able to offer a position.
Transferring from a related program?
Prospective students who are currently in a nursing program at another institution or who have graduated from a LPN/RNA, RPN, PCA or EMS program are directed to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for detailed information regarding transferability. Individuals who wish to apply for admission, should contact a Student Advisor in the Faculty of Nursing prior to making application to the University of Calgary.
Indigenous Applicants and Diverse Qualifications
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
University of Calgary
Room 117, MacKimmie Library Block
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta T2N1N4