Students transferring from another post-secondary program may start the Bachelor of Nursing Program in either September or January and will complete a 28-month program with year-round courses with two summer breaks.
- 28-month program
- September and January entry
- Year-round program with one spring/summer session (May to August) and one summer session (July to August) free from coursework
NOTE: Students will not be permitted to switch routes mid-program.
Deadlines for Transfer Students
Deadline dates may be subject to change from year to year; however, set deadlines are strictly adhered to in the Faculty of Nursing
Oct. 1, 2019
Applications for September 2020 entry open
Feb. 1, 2020
Application deadline for September 2020 entry for UCalgary "Change of Program" applicants
March 1, 2020
Application deadline for September 2020 entry
June 1, 2020
Transcript deadline for September 2020 entry
July 1, 2020
Applications for January 2021 entry open
(Date is approximate and subject to change)
Sept. 1, 2020
Applications for January 2021 entry close
Sept. 15, 2020
Transcript deadline for January 2021 entry
Important Notes on Admission
High school courses
- Mathematics 30-1 or Mathematics 30-2
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
Information on out-of-province high school course equivalents can be found here.
In addition to high school courses, the following are required from an accredited post-secondary institution recognized by the University of Calgary:
- A minimum of 30 transferable units which must include the following courses, or equivalent, at a junior level or higher:
*Approved by the Faculty of Nursing
All admission requirements must be met by April 30
All admission requirements must be met by August 31
- Admission is determined based on a competitive GPA.
- Effective Fall Session 2017, the Transfer Admission GPA will be calculated based on the pre-requisites outlined under “Admission Requirements” (English, Arts, Statistics and Anatomy/Physiology), regardless of when they were completed, plus an additional 15 units taken from the most recent transferable coursework for a total of 30 units. Calculated as of the end of Winter Session (April) for September entry and the end of Summer Session (August) for January entry.
- The University of Calgary uses a 4-point GPA scale.
Applicants placed on hold will be notified as early as possible and up to the end of August/December, as space becomes available, if the Faculty is able to offer a position.
Transferring from a related program?
Prospective students who are currently in a nursing program at another institution or who have graduated from a LPN/RNA, RPN, PCA or EMS program are directed to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for detailed information regarding transferability. Individuals who wish to apply for admission, should contact a Student Advisor in the Faculty of Nursing prior to making application to the University of Calgary.
Indigenous Applicants and Diverse Qualifications
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
University of Calgary
Room 117, MacKimmie Library Block
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta T2N1N4