Research Assistant, Trainee (PhD Student)
- Patient and Family Centered Care
- Shared Decision-making
- Patient Oriented Research
- Patient/Family and Provider Relationships
- Patient reported outcome and experience measures
- Health Services Research
Jacqueline is a Registered nurse, Doctoral student, and Research Assistant in the Benzies Lab. Jacqueline joined the Benzies lab as a Research Assistant during her Bachelor of Nursing in 2015, where she was supported through several undergraduate research awards. Research projects in which Jacqueline has been involved include: Welcome to Parenthood, FRAISE, and Alberta FICare™. Following the completion of her undergraduate degree in 2018, Jacqueline travelled to Uganda as a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholar where she engaged with a local school of nursing and midwifery on clinical work and research projects.
Jacqueline is currently completing her Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing with an interest in the identification, operationalization, and evaluation of strategies used by nurses to engage patients and their families to create collaborative relationships that facilitate patient and family centered care.
During her spare time, Jacqueline loves to spend time travelling, backcountry camping , and exploring the outdoors in rain, shine, or snow.
- 2021 and 2020 Alberta Children’s Hospital Research Institute Graduate Scholarship
- 2021 and 2020 College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta Rising Star Award Nominee
- 2020 Alberta Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research Graduate Studentship in Patient Oriented Research
- 2020 Calgary Health Trust Florence & Lloyd Cooper Scholarship for Nursing Leadership
- 2020 Lorraine M. Wright Family Nursing Scholarship
- 2018 Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Scholar