Terms 1 & 2 (Year One)
Focus is on making you comfortable with university life through foundational studies
- High school students are admitted to term 1 and 2 (year one)
- Transfer and previous degree students receive credit for completion of equivalent prerequisite courses. These students will commence nursing studies in term 3.
Course Listing for Year One (Terms 1 & 2)
- Kinesiology 259: Human Anatomy and Physiology I (Fall) (minimum grade of C- required)
- Kinesiology 260: Human Anatomy and Physiology II (Winter) (minimum grade of C- required)
- Academic Writing 303 (Winter web-based)
- Junior Statistics Option (Statistics 205 recommended)
- Junior Philosophy Option (Philosophy 249, 259, 313 or 347 recommended)
- Five Junior Open Options*
*Open option courses allow you to explore additional areas of interest outside of your chosen degree. If you have a passion for the arts, you may wish to take a course in dance or art history. If you like to travel, perhaps you want to learn a second language such as Spanish or German. The sky is the limit. Speaking of the “sky”, how about a course in Astronomy? NOTE: Some 300 level courses, which do not have prerequisites, are open to first year students.
NOTE: Students must register in 5 courses for Fall and 5 courses for Winter. All 10 Year One courses must be successfully completed prior to commencement of Term 3 (Year 2).
Need help with course registration?
The New Student Registration Assistance (NSRA) program, in the Student Success Centre (SSC), led by upper year students, can teach you how to build a schedule and navigate the registration system.