The Bachelor of Nursing program at Medicine Hat College is a four-year partnership program offered entirely at the Medicine Hat College site, allowing students in the Medicine Hat area increased access to a baccalaureate program without having to relocate.
In this route, you can study the entire program at the MHC campus and graduate with a University of Calgary degree.
- 4-year partnership program; students will apply to enter the program in year one at Medicine Hat College
- September entry only
- Traditional September to April course schedule with May to August free from coursework
Deadline dates may be subject to change from year to year; however, set deadlines are strictly enforced.
NOTE: Applicants must be currently enrolled in Year 2 of the BN program at Medicine Hat College.
Application deadline to Year 3 at UCalgary
Transcript and document deadline
Important Notes on Admission
- Students must apply to enter the program in Year One at Medicine Hat College.
You apply to Medicine Hat College and are a Medicine Hat College student for Year One and Year Two.
- If you have previous post-secondary education, please contact the Medicine Hat College Nursing Advisor for information on how your coursework will be considered for admission purposes.
- Upon successful completion of your first two years of the program, you apply to UCalgary Nursing as a Year 3 student and are guaranteed acceptance if you have met all the requirements. You take the remainder of the program as a U of C student, but remain on the MHC campus.
Admission will be on a competitive basis. Meeting minimum averages does not guarantee admission to the program.
Transition to Year 3
Upon successful completion of Term 4 (Year 2) of the BN Program at Medicine Hat College and upon meeting the University of Calgary Faculty of Nursing Admission GPA criteria (minimum 2.00 GPA on the last 5 full-course equivalents), students must apply to enter the University of Calgary.
Once accepted, students will complete Terms 5 through 8 (Years 3 and 4) as University of Calgary students.
Courses are delivered at the Medicine Hat College Site with University of Calgary Faculty of Nursing Professors as Instructors of Record.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students graduate with a Bachelor of Nursing degree from the University of Calgary.
NOTE: Students enrolled at the Medicine Hat College Site, who wish to transfer to the Calgary Campus, must apply to the University of Calgary Bachelor of Nursing Direct Entry Route.
Requests will be reviewed by the Dean (or designate) on a competitive basis considering the student's cumulative grade point average and space available at the level/year that the student wishes to transfer into.
Additional supporting documentation is required as outlined in Nursing Faculty Regulations 3.1 Attendance in a Prior Nursing Program.
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
University of Calgary
Room 117, MacKimmie Library Block
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta T2N1N4